This weekend we move our clocks back an hour to end Daylight Savings Time. So, it is time to back up the clock an hour. We say “fall back” to help us remember how the clock changes. While I am not a big fan of the shorter days of winter, I do enjoy having the “extra” hour during the weekend. I find this time change much easier than the Spring time change when we lose an hour. Time is one of our most precious resources, becausee cannot gain time, grow time or create time we can only manage the time that is given to us. I encourage you to be intentional about how to spend this extra gift of an hour as we “Fall Back:”.
So, what will you do with your extra hour this weekend? Here are a few suggestions:
- Rest – get an extra hour of rest and relaxation.
- Read a book you have been wanting to read.
- Play a game with your kids.
- Organize a cabinet, drawer or area of your home that needs some attention.
- Go shopping – the great deals of the holidays are starting now!
- Plan out your meals for the week.
- Plan for the upcoming holiday season.
- Update your Christmas gift list.
- Prepare your Thanksgiving grocery list.
- Clean out your refrigerator.
- Call a friend or relative you have missed.
- Do something nice for someone else.
- Update your Christmas card list.
- Clean out the garden and plant some winter flowers.
- Download a new smartphone or tablet app you have been wanting to try.
- Organize your smartphone apps and delete the ones you no longer use.
- Try Evernote to store your recipes, receipts, notes or financial information.
- I am sure you can think of many ways to use your extra time this weekend!
Enjoy your “Fall Back” weekend, and be intentional with that extra hour.
Have a great weekend,
Sara Genrich is an Organization and Productivity Consultant, an Evernote Certified Consultant, and the creator of the “Organizing@Work for Success!” Workshop series.