This weekend we move our clocks back an hour to end Daylight Savings Time. So, it is time to back up the clock an hour. We say “fall back” to help us remember how the clock changes. While I am not a big fan of the shorter days of winter, I do enjoy having the “extra” hour during the weekend. I find this time change much easier than the Spring time change when we lose an hour. I encourage you to be intentional about how to spend this extra gift of time.
So, what will you do with your extra hour this weekend? Here are a few suggestions:
- Rest – get an extra hour of rest and relaxation.
- Read a book you have been wanting to read.
- Play a game with your kids.
- Organize a cabinet, drawer or area of your home that needs some attention.
- Go shopping – the great deals of the holidays are starting now!
- Plan out your meals for the week.
- Plan for the upcoming holiday season.
- Update your Christmas list.
- Prepare your Thanksgiving grocery list.
- Clean out your refrigerator.
- Call a friend or relative you have missed.
- Do something nice for someone else.
- I am sure you can think of many ways to use your extra time this weekend!
Enjoy your “Fall Back” weekend, and be intentional with that extra hour.
Have a great weekend,
Sara Genrich is an Organization and Productivity Consultant, an Evernote Certified Consultant, and the creator of the Organizing@Work for Success Workshop series.